Diffusing or directly inhaling pure essential oils has proven to have an immediate and positive effect on one's disposition (state of mind) because they can reach the limbic region of the brain (the center of emotions). Studies at the University of Vienna have shown that some essential oils and their primary constituents (cineol) can stimulate blood flow and activity in the emotional regions of the brain. Also, clinical studies at the Department of Psychiatry at the Mie University of Medicine showed that Lemon not only reduced depression, but it also reduced stress when inhaled.
Depression may be related to thyroid, adrenal, hormonal dysfunction and/or nutrient deficiencies. You may want to be tested for Pyroluria (chemical imbalance).
Gastrointestinal Inflammation May Play a Critical Role in the Pathogenesis of Depression by Janos Feher et al
Point of Return - Help for prescription drug withdrawal
Can Iodine Affect Mental Health? A therapist describes how iodine pulled her out of a desparate depression.
Frankincense, Lemon, Sandalwood, Geranium, Lavender, Angelica, Orange, Grapefruit, Ylang Ylang
Awaken, Balance, Bones & Joints, Citrus Quench, Expect, Mountain Top, Potential, Purpose, Sunshine
Application Suggestions (Click here if unfamiliar with Essential Oil Usage):
Topical: Apply as perfume, on wrists, over the heart
1. I don't like to admit it, but I have always leaned a bit towards depression, especially if I don't get adequate sunshine and exercise every day. When I put PURPOSE in my diffuser and/or on my hands, I absolutely don't have that low, sluggish feeling, but quite the opposite! I remember that day I was in your store and you had those boxes of freshly blended oils in the box to put on the shelves, and it was as if the Mighty Hand of God pushed me to pick up that one particular bottle. I am so grateful that I listened to Him! - C. I.
2. AWAKEN is a beautiful, subtle blend that I've found very helpful particularly when diffused. I can feel the difference deep inside.
3. I have used anti-depressants for years, and after moving across the country and meeting Linda [with Heritage Essential Oils], I decided to try to wean myself from the medication (partly encouraged by the fact that I'd left my doctor behind and had yet found another to my liking) and try to use essential oils instead. I found SUNSHINE very effective for me, but I could not stop the meds abruptly as I'd hoped. It definitely was a weaning process for me, but Sunshine lived up to its name, and I feel more whole than I've felt in many years.
4. Dr. Hull's MENTAL STIMULATION really helps pull me up mentally and keeps me from falling into the anxiety and depression pits.
5. I have suffered from seasonal depression and chronic fatigue for years. Your CHRONIC FATIGUE blend and SUNSHINE blend have help immensely! - Mary
6. This week has been very crazy and stressful. Mom's service dog, Shelley, was very worried about Mom to the point that she vomited Tuesday afternoon. Wednesday after Mom left via ambulance, the poor dog was very freaked out. I sent an e-mail to my church asking prayer and updating about my mom's health condition, and I asked prayer for Shelley (the dog), too. In answer to prayer, the Lord immediately brought to mind to put a drop of your Lavender on the top of her head. She immediately started to calm down, and her breathing returned to normal. After a short time she was still a little antsy, so I put another drop on her head, petted her, spoke words of comfort and blessing to her, and she calmed down the rest of the way. To God be the glory. - Crystal
7. I am in love with HEO! I started having a mini anxiety attack while sitting in the doctor's waiting room, so I rubbed a drop of PEACEFUL on my wrists. Almost immediately I started calming down :) - Katie
8. Serenity has been helping my anxiety a ton! I haven't noticed the same effect with Peaceful. - Laura
9. Someone I know sufferes from panic attacks. She made a sprayer of PEACEFUL and SUNSHINE mixed together and then PALO SANTO separate I believe. She hasn't had to take any RX drugs and hasn't been in ER for panic attacks since then. She did see a cardiologist that was a Christian, and he told her to start memorizing scripture. That way when an attack does happen, she can lean on The Lord's words...I know awesome, right! Never had I seen any doctor quote scripture like that before and make that a form of a prescription! - Bobbie
10. I have had lifelong, debilitating depression issues and was diagnosed with a severe depressive mood disorder as well as resistant depression. I've been on medication for about 8 years and struggled with depression, anxiety and PTSD for at least 20 years. Within 2 weeks of applying one drop daily of BONES and JOINTS on the bottom of my feet, I started to wean myself off of the antidepressants. I also occasionally applied LAVENDER on the bridge of my nose to help me calm down and sleep. I've been medication free for almost 2 years and will never used antidepressants again.
11. I had horrible symptoms coming off my depression meds twice...and that was cutting slowly. I did find The Road Back and it helped me immensely. Its been awhile, and it looks like they have changed the companies for some of the products. I took one vitamin E in the morning, an Omega (3 in the morning, noon & between 3 and 4 pm) CLA (my notes sorry, hopefully the site will help (1 morning, noon & between 3 and 4) and Body Calm (the one I have is TRB Health Body Calm. This is an excellent product, I even ordered more of it. - Brenda
12. I was able to wean myself off my anti-depressant medication by using SUNSHINE. It's made all the difference in my life. It's like I'm finally breathing some fresh air. The name is perfect! - Sherri
Nasel et al., Functional imaging of effects of fragrances on the human brain after prolonged inhalation. Chem Senses, 1995 Jun.20(3); 349-50.
Komori, Fujiward, Tanida, Nomura, Yokoyama "Effects of citrus fragrance on immune function and depressive states." neuroimmunomodulation. 1995 May-Jun;2(3); 174-80.
"... [A]n increasing number of clinical studies have shown that treating gastrointestinal inflammations with probiotics, vitamin B, D and omega 3 fatty acids, through attenuating proinflammatory stimuli to brain, may also improve depression symptoms and quality of life. All these findings justify an assumption that treating gastrointestinal inflammations may improve the efficacy of the currently used treatment modalities of depression and related diseases." Green Med
The choice of the process used in application of Heritage Essential Oils' products is the sole responsibility of the user.
Information and statements regarding Heritage Essential Oils' products have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any health condition or disease.
We do not make any therapeutic claims for any Dietary Supplements in accordance with the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act and FDA regulations.
Heritage Essential Oils and any of its directors, employees, representatives or those involved in blending and bottling the oils will not be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of their products. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, income or profit and claims of third parties. We disclaim any liability if the user uses or prescribes any remedy or essential oil, natural or otherwise, for him/herself or another. Please consult a licensed healthcare professional should a need be indicated.